I will open rivers on the high hills, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water. -Isaiah 41:18
Sunday, March 30, 2014
Missing
It has been raining for two days. This morning I woke up without a voice. Praying for this bug to pass, I am shaken awake to the miracle of my vocal cords. Fragile ribbons that serve each day, as I sing and praise and question and connect. I spent the first part of the day worried about canceled appointments. My whole life I have struggled to trust the wisdom of the body. Today when it hurts to talk, I am reminded that it is also my livelihood to listen. A day inside and inward. Blankets and a busy electric kettle. A pull back to the page. A search for missing words. Here's hoping . . . Talk soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment